Saturday, December 3, 2011

Little Quicky: Scallop Carpaccio


I’m in the mood to share this little recipe with all of you lovely readers. Because it is nice and sunny in Montreal and because I’m having a relaxing moment on this Saturday while my kids are napping (both at the same time is what I call a miracle!). I don’t have much time but I believe I have just enough to share this simple recipe with you. Ok, it’s seafood – AGAIN - I hope you don’t mind too much. I’ll give it a break after this and switch to some meat… and sugar (I’m due for a good desert!). If you’re a seafood lover, then I guess you are well served these days!

FRESH SCALLOP CARPACCIO
Makes 4 servings

INGREDIENTS
6 big scallops
2 green scallions, finely sliced
2 tbsp excellent olive oil
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp poppy seeds
Maldon sea salt flakes




PREPARATION
In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, lime juice and scallions.


In a small skillet, slightly toast the poppy seeds. Be careful not to burn them. Take off the heat and let cool.


With a good knife, delicately slice your scallops. The slices should be no more than 3mm. Place them on small serving plates.



Drizzle the scallops with the olive oil and lime juice mixture. Decorate with a few pinches of roasted poppy seeds. Finish off with a nice pinch of sea salt flakes. Serve and enjoy immediately.



No comments:

Post a Comment