Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Simple Scallop Ceviche For A Nice Sunny Day

Ok, so I’m about to show off a little right now… and will probably make a few people jealous. I’m writing this blog entry while sitting on my balcony, enjoying a magnificent sunny and warm day. I just had a fresh salad and, most decadent thing of all, had a Corona to top it all off (don’t assume this is something I do every day!). This is the life! This is the real perk of being on maternity leave. Although I have sleepless nights and have to cater to a newborn, I have to admit that this makes things relatively better and much easier to cope with.

The only thing that will get my big butt off this chair? Cooking diner for my family. You know the new Bruno Mars song? “The lazy song” in which he says “Today I don’t feel like doing anything”? Well, that’s exactly what I’m doing and I’m loving it! Even writing this recipe feels like pure pleasure and, almost, feels relaxing! After all the chaos of the past few weeks, this feels like vacation and I’m indulging 100%.

So what recipe will I introduce today? Mmm. A nice scallop ceviche. Perfect for this beautiful day. Even better for a woman who hasn’t eaten raw fish in almost 1 year! Enjoy this with a crisp chilled white wine and you’re bound to think this was a Saturday.


SCALLOP CEVICHE
Makes 2 servings

INGREDIENTS
8-10 large scallops
 1 small shallot, minced
¼ red bell pepper, thinly chopped
About 1 tbsp Yuzu
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp rice vinegar
Sea salt and black pepper
About 2 tsp black sesame seeds

PREPARATION
Finely dice the scallops.


In a small bowl, mix the Yuzu, sesame oil and rice vinegar. Add the scallops, shallots and red peppers. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Finish off by adding the black sesame seeds.


Note: Yuzu is a citrus fruit originating in East Asia. You can find it’s juice in specialized Asian stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment