Friday, July 8, 2011

Whisky Shrimp Sauce Made For The Lazy


Is it me, or do we cook less during summer? I mean, I cook, but very differently than during winter time. Putting a piece of meat or fish on the grill, grilling vegetables sprinkled with olive oil, having a fresh salad, all of this is so much easier than cooking behind the stove for hours. For this reason, I realize I don’t have as many interesting and fun recipes to present to you. It’s not because I like to cook that I’m purposely going make complicated recipes. Shame on me! In the next few weeks, I think I’m going to try to make “inspired summer food”. Simple and easy yet maybe a level above simply grilling my food!

Cold food during the summer is very much accepted by all. On the contrary, winter calls for hot, steaming food. Which is why you’re aloud to make cold, boiled shrimps, for your dinner tonight... if you feel like it! Just make sure you make a killer sauce to go along with them. The following sauce is sure damn good and makes the shrimp shine, showing off its great flavor. Because summer is for the lazy and whisky is for the happy!

WHISKY SHRIMP SAUCE
 
Ingredients
1 cup mayonnaise
3 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp Whisky
2 tsp Cajun spices (optinal)

Preparation
In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients.

Serve with big cooked shrimps. They can even be cold!  





No comments:

Post a Comment